Saturday, June 04, 2005

Sinfest

This is one of our favorite comics. It can't be published because of the "adult content." Sometimes it gets stupid. But it is frequently hilarious, poignant, and astute. Plus anything with God and the Devil (and a persnickity cat) as main characters gets my attention.

I'm enjoying the last couple days - Slick is presenting to God his list of what he does and does not like about the world. He proclaims that "God likes honest feedback." One of my favorites ever was when he was being attacked by the good Christians on the comic and he said, "Hey, I'm down with the Lord and shit." and they said, "I don't know what to make of that." That's my life comic.

There have been puppet shows from God ridiculing the devil, and the Devil's quit because he's felt trapped by fate in his profession, and the cat constantly mocks the dog. But the original is probably still the best: http://www.sinfest.net/d/20000117.html

Sorry I am not being more thoughtful. I am tired. Want to finish papers!!

1 comment:

revhipchick said...

i love it! thanks for the link!