Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A new musical from Joss Whedon!!

Despite feeling generally crappy, thanks to my cold and last night several hours of weird abdominal pain, I have to admit I was pretty damn overjoyed to receive this news this morning:

(Joss writing on Whedonesque):

During the strike I started writing a musical intended as a limited internet series, 3 episodes of approximately 10 minutes each. Writing with me was my brother Jed, his fiancee Maurissa, and my other brother Zack. To my shock and surprise, we finished it. To my greater shock and surprise, we managed (with the help of many people I’ll be praising at length soon) to drag it into preproduction (yes, just as DOLLHOUSE was given a start date two months away and all my comics were due.) And today, after a grueling week of writing everything ever while trying to be a producer, I got to start shooting. A musical.

This much I will say: It’s the story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he’s too shy to talk to. And I’m having the time of my life.

“DOCTOR HORRIBLE’S SING-ALONG BLOG”
Neil Patrick Harris…..as Dr. Horrible
Nathan Fillion……….as Captain Hammer
Felicia Day………….as Penny
And a cast of Dozens!

(me again):
OK, first of all, I am first in line to anything NPH is in. I got to see him live in "Rent" here in LA a few years back, and the man has serious pipes. Plus, he turns up in all my favorite weirdo indie stuff (Starship Troopers, Harold and Kumar - movies that yes, I own, proudly). Plus, Nathan Fillion!!! And that Irish potential girl from season 7 of Buffy. Sign me up for the sing-a-long blog, man. It's a happy day.

Look, all I’m saying is that this is normal teen stuff. You join chat rooms, you write poetry, you post Doogie Howser fan-fic. It’s all normal, right? - Willow (from “Help”)

1 comment:

I Ain't No Oprah said...

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

It's gotta be at least a cord, correct?

Cord and a half?