Saturday, July 16, 2005

Here is the question

It really just boils down to this: whatever side we take on the issue, can we agree that there is diversity in the church right now? And if so, should a seminary which accepts students (and professors and staff) from the different denominations allow for the differences by simply requesting that people stay within the moral boundaries defined by their denomination? Not on everything, if you like, but perhaps just on this one issue, because it's up in the air.

I'm not sure that taking a hard-line stance on this will really do anyone any good. And in my case, it severely limits where I will be able to pursue my graduation requirements. Not because I'm personally living outside the boundaries. But because the people who run my church happen to have come down on the opposite side from the seminary.

I am so curious now as to how they will handle this. It's got to have come up before. What will they say? Where will I go?

No comments: