Wednesday, July 27, 2005

More on death

A anonymous poster tipped me off to this site and I just think it's the coolest thing. What a fascinating ministry for this brotherhood!

http://www.trappistcaskets.com/index.html

It's an order of trappist monks whose service is creating caskets (from their own sustainable forest) and urns. They have a healthy spirituality of death and life. I'm so delighted I found this.

Plus they are in Dubuque, IA, close to my hometown. Perhaps I'll make a visit there next time I'm visiting the folks.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

That was me. I'm glad you liked the site! I just started watching "Six Feet Under," and I get what you were saying under the other post. I also decide to start the blog I've been meaning to start -- and wrote about my funeral planning kick as my first entry. I am hopelessly and pathetically anonymous, though. :)