Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Going silent

Sorry to the blog, I am going radio silent for a while. I have to finish up this quarter, and then I'm going to a conference and a very mini vacation. Then I'll start up a new quarter. We'll see what I have time to write about when the dust settles. I'm sure there will be many things to report from the conference. Here's where I'm going:
http://www.brehmcenter.com/Events/Worship_Summit.shtml

It's going to be very emergy. Hopefully I can handle it. I've started Eddie Gibbs' book and it's very good so far. It's called Church Next and it's about all the mistakes churches have been making that have led to their demise. He doesn't really offer solutions, though - at least he says he's not going to, in the intro to the book. We'll see if he can help himself.

I'm actually attempting to read a book for fun Reading Lolita in Tehran. J read it for a class this last quarter and liked it a lot, and it's been on my list for some time. So far I'm really enjoying it. I'm learning a lot about totalitarian regimes in the Middle East, too.

Anyway, must get back to work. Am helping to finish up a proposal for $700,000 for our program! V. exciting.

Cheers to you all. Will miss you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

May God be with you as you finish your work and refresh you in your Sabbath.
JB

LutheranChik said...

Godspeed! And you will enjoy that book.

kate said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time away, and I look forward to hearing all about the conference when you return.
Peace to you-
kate