Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fasting

Hey everyone...guess what? I'm fasting today. And I'm doing it Muslim-style, which means no water even. No food, beverage, sex, profanity, or bad behavior. For a whole day. Well it would be a month but I'm not celebrating Ramadan.

Anyway, it's only about 3 hours until the Iftar when we break the fast. I can't wait. I'm not hungry, but I'm darn thirsty. I drink at least 2 liters of water a day so this is drying me out something fierce.

At least I'm having a cleansing experience. And praying more. Because when you remember you're hungry or thirsty, you remember to pray, which is kind of a cool thing.

It's almost too easy though. Just one day without food. I get no sense of actually being a hungry person.

Maybe I will try this more often. Like I say, it's not nearly as hard as I thought, and if I were drinking water then it would be almost pleasant. Which of course goes against everything self-deprivation stands for. Shoot. Darn. (see? no swearing!) I just can't get anything right.

No comments: