Monday, October 31, 2005

Gott in Himmel!

[note I have never taken German so that's phonetic...sorry Maria and anyone else who laments my lack of German...]

OK, so I'm a little slow on things...I just found the Progressive Christian Bloggers Network, which I suppose I should be a part of (call me crazy). I get the Progressive and Blogger titles anyway, right?

I was going to add their blogroll to this page but there's just too darn many of them! So I tell you, if you're killing many hours at the office or procrastinating on an exegesis paper or just jonesing for more of what you see here, then check them out and read through the blogroll on the right hand side. It's a freaking lot of people, and from all over the spectrum. Niiiiiice.

Although it does look like just anybody can sign up, so it's not all that special. But at least it's a start. Getting the old blog out there, you know. See how many more people I can piss off.

I'm super excited that I've been asked to join a very exclusive club of seminary bloggers that includes but only 15 people - not counting me. It's not a club with a clubhouse yet, but I'll keep you posted. Yay me! I rock! I'm a real blogger now, huh?

I didn't end up wearing a costume today. I had two ideas: to steal J's from the other night, which was simply a "Hello my name is" sticker (worn on normal clothes) with "God" written below the "is." (this is a reference to a TV show and the first person to name it wins my undying love and respect!) However, I didn't want to get into all the crap that was sure to be blown my way should I wear such a tag around Fuller (it was scary how confused people were at our Ironic Hollywood Friends party). So I nixed it.

Costume #2 was going to be devil horns and a shirt that said "Feminist." 'nuff said. I even considered expanding it to all the things that demonize me (inclusive, tolerant, Episcopalian, universalist, pluralist, relativist, vegetarian, Trojan--wait, that's just my Dad's opinion). But since I went as Kaylee from "Serenity" for the party, there was no need to go buying devil horns on top of it all. Maybe I'll check the after-sales tomorrow.

I really need to go to sleep now. I love sleeping so much. It's my new boyfriend. I want to lie in my bed forever. And tomorrow - no alarm! Ha ha! Sleep in day, baby!!

I've had waaaaaaaay too much sugar. Must go now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "Hello my name is" nametag with "God" written on it is a reference to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The episode is "Fear Itself," when Buffy and pals are trapped in a frat house that's been taken over by a fear demon.

Yea! Now someone respects me!

:)

Dylan

Emily said...

Yep, and it's Oz who's wearing it!

(If only that space in my brain was taken up by useful things that I NEED to remember).

Stasi said...

Ding ding ding! You win!

Willow: I'm Joan of Arc. I thought it was appropriate since I was almost burned at the stake...and because of her special close relationship with God.

Xander: And who are you?

(Oz opens shirt, revealing nametag)

Xander: I wish I'd thought of that before I put down my deposit. I could have been God.

Oz: Blasphemer.

Stasi said...

Xander (as to an infant): Who's a scary little fear demon? You are!

Giles: Xander, don't taunt the demon.

Xander (scared): Why, can he hurt me?

Giles: No, it's just tacky.