Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday morning quickie

1. When you're grading and you come to that one student who actually did everything right and seemed to care and learn something...ah, that's a beautiful thing.
2. John's laugh.
3. Girlfriends. For the first time in God knows how long I went out with an actual group of girls (usually I do friends one-on-one) (get your mind out of the gutter). And it was pretty darn fun. It was an interesting mix of personalities. At one point we got into a long discussion about auras. So this morning I went on several websites to check out my aura, and interestingly, they all agreed that I'm blue. So here are my results:

Your Aura is Blue

Your Personality: Your natural warmth and intuition nurtures those around you. You are accepting and always follow your heart.

You in Love: Relationships are your top priority, and this includes love. You are most happy when you are serious with someone.

Your Career: You need to help others in your job to feel satistifed. You would be a great nurse, psychologist, or counselor.


Okay, maybe I cheated a tiny bit a made myself more caring than I actually am. But in fact, I do find myself much more drawn to a counseling or spiritual direction life than anything else right now. I think I'm valuing relationships more than I ever have because I've noticed how much they feed my soul. I read this and think it's kind of funny...it's not the person I remember being, but it is the person I want to be (and am perhaps growing into).

I wonder what color I'd have been before entering seminary? I have changed so much.

1 comment:

Stasi said...

Update: took a couple more, one came out green (but it was too short, IMHO) and the rest still blue. Then I discovered that blue is the "Melancholic temperament" and THAT, my friends, is absolutely perfect!