Friday, September 30, 2005

While I'm at it

As long as I'm plugging things I care about...

Check out our dear friend Mike's website. He's an awesome musician and very socially conscious. If you live in LA, check out his show on Oct 11 at the Viper Room (9 p.m.). If you live in the OC, he plays weekly at Plush in Fullerton. You will not be sorry. He's a very charismatic entertainer and sincerely stands up to the Man.
http://www.myspace.com/mikebarnet

Also, yesterday I joined the Pasadena Museum of California Art. Why? Because it's $25 for students ($45 for non) and I like supporting museums. But mostly because they are teaming up with 19 other local museums and all offering 20% discounts in their stores in Nov and Dec. Now I don't know about you, but I do nearly all my Xmas shopping in museum stores, because they have the most unique stuff. Participating stores/museums (any of which you can join, but PMCA is just really cheap) include: LACMA, PMCA, Pacific Asia Museum, Autry, CA Science Center, Japanese American Nat'l (way funky), Walt Disney Hall store (love it!), Library Store (best place for cute kid/baby stuff), FIDM museum shop (home of Star Wars costume exhibition), Museum of Neon Art, Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels (love that shop!), the Getty, and a few more.

I'm a big bargain shopper so this was like heaven for me. Go check it out. Visit Kara at PMCA and say I sent you.

No comments: