Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It's off to Sea-town we go!

We're off to Seattle to shoot a little film about Church of the Apostles. They're the one emerging-style church I know of that's actually doing things right. Abbess Karen Ward is welcoming us with open arms to the Fremont Street Abbey, where we get to live for 5 days while recording the community in action. It's very exciting. I hope we can produce something that will teach people about how to do Christianity right. And I really hope we can get people off the idea that emerging church is some kind of "style" or bandwagon they can jump on. It's just authentic Christianity, really. It's not "ancient-future" - it's what we've always been and what we should always be, as the Church of Christ.

I'm sure I'll have plenty to say about it upon my return. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

e. said...

Sounds cool! I've heard about that church but haven't explored it. Looking forward to your report. 8-)